I know what you’re thinking: “Neon colors are not for me!” While not enough everyone can pull off the neon denim trend, here are some ways to make it a “do” rather than a “don’t” this season!
- Consider your event: There’s a time and place for every item of clothing so be sure to check the dress code and be logical. Going to your friend’s house or a night on the town? DO! Attending a job interview or meeting your boyfriend’s parents? Think twice!
- Choose a color: Neons come in numerous different shades so experiment with various colors to find what works best on you and enhances your features. For example, bright orange would complement tanned skin whereas bright blues can bring out blue eyes.
- Match your neons: Teaming neons with neons can be a great look if done right. Avoid using opposite colors together such as neon pink and red. However, red and blue may go together because when combined, they make purple and can almost perform an optical illusion.
- Stay true to yourself: If you don’t usually have a ‘loud’ personality per say, balance your neon denims with a neutral colored top and subtle jewelery.
- Feel neon: Neon means florescent, bright and happy. If you are going to wear neon, let your attitude match your clothes and feel energetic, bright and happy. Be confident and smile…or in other words: OWN IT!
And now for a few of our favorite neon denims:
And for those of you who want to merely wear a hint of neon, Hudson’s “The Lou Lou” jean is a perfect alternative: Coming in 3 washes, each sport a racing strip of orange, yellow, or neon pink fabric that glows in UV lights.
Have you indulged in a pair of neon denims yet?