Hosting/attending a party this holiday season? We at Denim Diary recently came across an article with awesome “Party Do’s & Don’ts”. No extra advice can ever go to waste, so here are some of the tips we have compiled. Hope they come in handy!
- Don’t go to a party empty-handed. Check out our post on gift ideas if you’re stuck!
- Always account for an extra surprise guest: better safe than sorry.
- Create a music playlist that’s ready to begin as soon as the doorbell rings.
- Keep hors d’oeuvres to one bite; nobody wants to talk with a mouthful.
- Opt for something unique as your centerpieces instead of flowers. Think seasonal fruit, a tureen or an interesting sculptural centerpiece.
- Don’t wait for late guests to start serving. Hungry guests aren’t happy guests.
- If you’re doing a set seating, place people with big personalities at the center of the table: they can help carry the conversation.
- Atmosphere is half the battle and sets the ambiance: ensure the room is appropriately lit and the background music is fitting.
- Never EVER run out of ice…or alcohol!
- Put individual guest napkins in the powder room (prevents overused guest towels) and a soap pump (bar soap can get gooey).
- Mingle throughout the entire night and ensure your guests are enjoying themselves and constantly have a drink in their hand.
- Bid farewell: Don’t leave without saying good-bye to the host.
What tips can you add to the list?