Happy New Years Eve, everyone! How are YOU bringing in 2012?
- Attending/hosting a crazy party with friends?
- Going on holiday?
- Celebrating with a dinner filled with delicious foods?
- Staying at home to avoid the hustle & bustle?
- Falling asleep before midnight?
Whatever your plans involve, we hope that you will be popping some champagne to ring in the 2012. After all, what is New Year’s Eve without a few bubbles ?! Don’t worry if you have one glass too many –we’ve all been there, done that! However to ensure that you don’t spend the first day of the year feeling drained, nauseous, and suffering a migraine, here are some of our top cures to ward off that hangover:
- Avoid drinking on an empty stomach: Eating a meal containing carbohydrates (rice/pasta) or fats (salmon/nuts) will help slow down your body’s absorption of alcohol.
- Sip a glass of water in between each drink
- Replenish your body with a glass of water before going to bed. In the morning, up your intake of liquids like water and fruit juice. Given its Vitamin C content, orange juice is an ideal choice!
- Make some toast: After drinking to just about every toast that was made the night before, eating a slice or 2 of toast will help energize you.
- Sleep: Rest and recuperation is the best way to give your body a chance to recover.
- Take a shower, switching between hot and cold water: This will open your pores and get your skin breathing, improve circulation and relax your muscles. More than the physical benefits, a shower will help refresh your body and mind.
- Try hangover supplements like Alka Seltzer Morning Relief, but be sure to consult with your doctor first.
We all have our go-to hangover cure…share yours!